Maps

Today in class we learned about maps. We looked at three different types of maps and took notes on the characteristics of each one. The first one was a map of the United States, the second was a Mercator map, and the third was a Peters Projection map. We watched a short video also that showed why the Peters Projection map is more accurate than the Mercator map that we generally use. I also learned what topography is, it is how the mountains are shown on a map. I took some new notes on different parts on the maps, like the colors separating the states. Overall it was an interesting lesson and I enjoyed learning some new things about maps. Human Geography is still my favorite class! You make it very enjoyable. Hopefully my grade continues to be good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cyber school

The plague in Athens vs. COVID-19

Alexander and Bucephalus